Friday, September 17, 2010

My Nephew Ryan


This is my nephew Ryan when he was just a wee wain. I never got him interested in playing the guitar, but he's ace on piano and drums. He's seventeen years old now and I've never missed an important life event of his - school, church, family - nothing.

Until last week.

I was on a ship in Alaska while a ceremony for Ryan was held. Not just any ceremony, but the Eagle Scout Court of Honor ceremony. This is a regret I'll probably carry with me always.

According to the printing on the invitation, "The Eagle Scout is the highest rank that can be attained by Scouts. Only 4 percent of youth who join Scouting earn this honor."

Ryan has grown up to be a fine human being, trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty, brave, clean and reverent. I'm lucky to be his Aunt B.

Ryan with his cousins Rowan and Grant.

1 comment:

  1. Awwww...so sweet! Auntie B is the best!!! Maybe Ryan's little cousins will follow in his scouting footsteps!!

    ReplyDelete