Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Merry Christmas Maybe


My twin grandsons, Rowan and Grant, spent the night last Friday night. We invited over their pal Sofia from across the street who is the same age and goes to their school. They had a blast decorating the Christmas tree and singing Christmas carols. I played lots of Christmas music, including my favorite "Merry Christmas Baby". Next morning the boys kept singing over and over, "Merry Christmas Maybe"! I finally sat them down and told them that the lyrics are actually "Merry Christmas Baby". They said, "Oh, are you sure?" Yes, I'm sure.

Charles Brown and me at the 1996 Long Beach Blues Festival. One of the most elegant blues guys I've had the pleasure of working with and the original and most beloved performer of "Merry Christmas Baby".

2 comments:

  1. I kinda' like the Kids' version...Merry Christmas Maybe! Who knows if it'll be merry or not? GREAT photo of you and the marvelous Charles Brown!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's no maybe in Christmas. It's merry all the way.
    in a one horse open sleigh.
    hey!

    ReplyDelete