Saturday, December 18, 2010

Nothin' says Christmas like supper at Tom Bergin's - Fáilte!

Tom Bergin's bar and restaurant is the oldest Irish establishment in Los Angeles and holds many great and embarrassing memories for me and many of my friends. But last night was magical.
Cozy back room, fire in the fireplace. Decorations all around.

Larry with his Guinness. Sláinte mhaith!

And to top it all off, Christmas Carolers. They even sang, "Christmas in Killarney" - a carol I would have never guessed they knew, and a carol I don't think I've heard since I was 10 years old. It really was lovely!

When was the last time you visited Bergin's? One of the best bars in L.A. in my opinion - and such a great old restaurant in the back room..

2 comments:

  1. Ack! Why didn't I think of Bergin's!!! After dinner with the folks we traipsed across town to the Tam O' Shanter in Atwater only to be delayed FOREVER by a sobriety checkpoint near Griffith Park! While all the time there were carolers AND guiness right in our own backyard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spent quite a few years celebrating my birthday (March 17) there. Always loved that place!

    ReplyDelete