Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Honey Don't You Want a Man Like Me?

We went to a silent auction for charity at the Stephen Cohen Gallery here in Los Angeles last Saturday night. I bid on this extremely cool photo of Frank Zappa by photographer Ted Kirk and walked away with it in the end.

I'm gonna have to tell you about the best part of the evening when there was a bidding war over my husband Larry Armstrong's powerful photo taken in Belfast, Northern Ireland during "The Troubles". I've got to ask his permission to post that photo on this blog - maybe he'll let me use it for St. Patrick's Day. Do ya think?

3 comments:

  1. Oooo....Zappa....this is a very strong photo of Frank.

    For a tenth of a second, I saw Hank Azaria in Frank's face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, for a Colleen like yourself, how can I deny permission.

    ReplyDelete